Type of personal information collected
The types of personal information that we collect and hold about you could include:
- ID and contact information such as your name, email address, mailing address, street address, telephone numbers and date of birth;
- your preferences and/or opinions;
- information you provide to us through customer surveys;
- financial information, such as your income and living expenses;
- details of products and services we have provided to you or that you have enquired about;
- any personal information that is included in the documents that you may choose to upload to the Platform, for example, in any identification documents that you upload;
- your browser session and geo-location data, including your device information and IP address; and
- additional personal information that you provide to us, through your use of our Platform.
Collection of sensitive information
Sometimes we may need to collect sensitive information from you or there may also be sensitive information in the documents that you choose to upload onto the Platform. Unless required or authorised by law, we will only collect sensitive information with your consent.
Means of collection of personal information
The majority of personal information that we collect is collected from you directly. We may also collect personal information about you from third parties, including:
- information that’s publicly available, such as information from social media channels;
- where you use your social media account to register or sign-in to the Platform, we may collect your name, contact details and basic profile details from the applicable social media channel;
Use and disclosure of personal information
We use and disclose personal information for purposes, including:
- to enable you to access and use our Platform, including to access the Platform’s blog;
- to generate information to assist you with the property buying process and to help you understand financial concepts such as your buying power, borrowing power, and living expenses. We also use this information to help you think about which type of property would suit you;
- subject to first obtaining your consent, providing personal information to a Service Provider;
- to work with other organisations regarding the promotion or provision of a product or service;
- to communicate with you, including to send you emails with changes or updates to Platform features;
- to maintain and update our records;
- for administrative and operational purposes, including invoicing, billing, staff training, risk management and systems development and testing;
- for analytics, market research and business development purposes, including to operate and improve our Platform;
- to run competitions on the Platform, including to offer additional benefits to you;
- for advertising and marketing, including to send you promotional information and direct marketing emails about our Platform, products and services and information about third parties that we consider may be of interest to you;
- to prevent or investigate any actual or suspected fraud, unlawful activity or misconduct;
- for purposes related to any actual or prospective transfer of our business or assets; and
- to consider your employment application if you apply for a job with us.
Disclosure of personal information to third parties
We may disclose your personal information to third parties, including:
- third party contractors that provide services to us;
- our authorised representatives;
- our agents or business partners;
- sponsors or promoters of any competition we run;
- anyone to whom our business or assets (or any part of them) are, or may be, transferred, and any advisers involved in those processes; and
- government or regulatory bodies as required or authorised by law
Sharing personal information overseas
Sometimes we may need to disclose your information to third parties located overseas. The most common reason is because we may engage third party service providers to perform a range of technology, operational, data storage, direct marketing and customer service functions for us
Managing your personal information
Providing your personal information: You do not have to provide your personal information to us, however, if you do not, it may affect your use of the Platform or the products and services that we offer.
Accessing your personal information: You may contact us using the details below to request access to the personal information that we hold about you. A reasonable administrative fee may be payable for the provision of such information. If for any reason we can’t provide you with access, we’ll tell you why.
Correction of your personal information: If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date or incomplete, please contact us using the details below. We will take reasonable steps to correct your personal information. If we don’t agree that your information needs to be corrected, we’ll tell you why – and what you can do if you’re unsatisfied with our response.
Complaints: If you believe that your privacy has been compromised or that we have breached the Privacy Act, you are entitled to make a complaint. You can do this by contacting us using the details below and providing us with full details of the complaint. We will promptly investigate your complaint and write to you to explain our decision regarding your complaint. If your complaint isn’t satisfactorily resolved, you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) (see www.oaic.gov.au for contact details).
Unsubscribe: To unsubscribe or opt-out of receiving direct marketing communications and other communications, such as our welcome emails, please follow the unsubscribe instructions included in every communication of this type that we send you, or please contact us directly using the details below.
We will continue to send you communications relating to the operation of our Platform, for example, if you have forgotten your password. If you no longer wish to have a profile with LandingPad, please follow the instructions below to request your personal data deletion.
Request deletion of your personal data: You can request the deletion of your personal data through the Deactivate account link under your Account Settings screen within the LandingPad mobile app. Alternatively, you can contact us at the details below, and we will disable your user account within 7 working days.
Protecting your personal information
We have put in place a range of physical, electronic and managerial procedures to help safeguard and secure your personal information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure. The types of measures we use include building security, locked premises and data storage locations, firewalls, passwords, system access controls and security monitoring.
Cookies and web beacons
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Platform. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our Platform.
- Analytical/performance cookies. These are cookies that allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors to our Platform and to see how visitors move around our Platform when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our Platform works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our Platform. This enables us to personalise our content for you and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our Platform.
We may use web beacons on our Platform from time to time. Web beacons (also known as Clear GIFs) are small pieces of code placed on a web page to monitor the visitor’s behaviour and collect data about the visitor’s viewing of a web page. For example, web beacons can be used to count the users who visit a web page or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that page.
We may use Google Analytics to collect and process data. To find out how Google uses data when you use third party websites or applications, please see www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/ or any other URL Google may use from time to time
Links to other websites
Journeywise Pty Ltd t/a LandingPad ABN 65 631 846 681
Address: PO Box 26, Bentleigh, Victoria, 3204
Last update: 26 April 2021